Luke Weil's How To Monetize A Small Blog (#LukeWeil)

March 02, 2016


Book Description:

  • Written by expert blogger, Luke Weil
  • He shares his experience as a blogger who transformed his hobby as a blogger to a career
  • He was able to transition from a small blog with no monetization strategy to a successful full time blogging career. 
  • This book will explain the various options available to bloggers and how to best determine the right one for a specific blog. 
  • Available in three different mediums: Paperback, Kindle and Audio

 My experience: 


I decided to read this book because my blog is a very small and I barely have an audience so I hoped to get some insight into transforming my small blog into a bigger one. I was also interested to hear about the demonetization strategies that it will discuss.

Chapters:

  1. Introduction
  2. Direct Advertising
  3. Sponsor Content
  4. Display Advertising: Banners & Graphics
  5. Advertising Networks
  6. Affiliate Marketing
  7. Branded Sponsor Campaigns 
  8. Build a Mailing List
 I have previously read two additional books on the same subject but unlike them, this book focus on the methods that a blogger can employ to generate money. For the most part, I was familiar with some of the strategies but I got to learn about a few new ones which is great. I will understand that most experience blogger probably would find some of the strategies common knowledge but this book is not target toward them. I am neither a beginner nor an expert in the blogging community. I am still learning and trying to establish and grow my blog.

Additionally, I liked that the author took his time to share some of his previous mistakes and that in every chapter he would include a short list of pros and cons about an specific strategy. It is really helpful and informative. He does not provide every little detail but enough to allow you to consider it as a possible strategy. As he mentions certain strategies, I made a list of them and I will be doing my own research. I appreciate that the books does a nice job to make sure you consider both the advantages and disadvantages before employing a new strategy. I am a strong believer of making inform decisions.

I also like the tone of the book, it informs the reader in a very friendly manner and it does it in very clear and concise way. I felt that a friend was advising me about career options. He also emphasizes the importance of quality and offering better content. No matter what strategy we choose, we need to remember to maintain the quality of our work and to not let dollar signs distract us from our goal and damage our integrity and the relationship we have with our readers.

If you are looking for ways to monetize your blog and are not sure where to start, I would advise tou to consider reading this small and compact book. It is really easy to read and it does not waste time repeating the same concepts. It is a nice summary of popular monetizing strategies and it is a good start. It might not be as helpful to experience bloggers because they are probably already using most of them in their blogs.

Product URL: http://www.amazon.com/Luke-Weils-Monetize-Small-Blog/dp/1518612482

A Piece of Advice:

I asked myself the next question after i finish the book, "Is this information unique?". Meaning, can I get the same information somewhere else. The answer is "yes". If you do a regular search, many websites would probably have a list of top strategies. However, if I have learn one thing from doing research is that there are many ways to get information and the information can be find in different manners and mediums, but the key element that makes the information sustainable and irreplaceable is its source.

I hope you found my review helpful and it allow you to make a better decision about whether or not you need this book.

Overall Assessment:

* Price Point: 5/5
* Quality/Durability: 5/5
* Need: 4/5
* Recommendation: 4/5
* Overall Assessment of Product: A nice summary of some monetizing strategies. I would recommend it for new bloggers.

****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. Compensation of any kind is never accepted in exchange for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product and not edited by any companies mentioned. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different.I will recommend only the products that I or my family will use. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.


If my review was helpful to you, please let me know your thoughts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments