Ivation 1.7 Litter Precision-Temp Electric Kettle (#IvationKettle)

January 21, 2016





I have only own two other electric kettles in the past, one was a cheap $20 basic kettle and its replacement which was around $40 -50. The most recent one, my family and I have used for almost a year and it does a nice job. This one, however, is a little more features and I would like to use it to mainly prepare tea. I drink tea every day and the temperature settings would make making tea much easier and faster.

Main Features:

  • It has a built-in temperature control
  • It has 6 Temperature Settings (160°F, 175°F, 185°F, 190°F, 200°F , And "Boil" 212°F
  • It is built with a high voltage capacity of 1500w for fast heating
  • It is energy efficient
  • It has a clear water level window on the kettle's handle
  • The handle is heat resistant
  • It shuts off automatically once it has reached the desired temperature
  • It has a keep warm feature
  • It maintains the selected temperature for at least 2 hours
  • It has a sleek stainless-steel design 
  • It has an adjustable length cord wrap 
Product URL: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019J0A092

First Impression:

The overall shape of this kettle is so different than my current kettle but of course there are subtle differences. The base of the kettle is lightweight and at least 1 1/2 inches wider than the circumference of the kettle which I don't mind so much but it does take a little bit of more room. The sleek stainless-steel design is very beautiful and it fits most kitchen styles. It does, however, reflect finger prints or smudges, but if you are neat and clean it regularly, you should be fine. As I was unwrapping the parts, the one thing that immediately disappointed me was the length of the cord. It is about 30 inches. For my needs, I wanted a longer cord. I understand that most kettles are kept on the counter and close to outlets but unfortunately for me, I had to be a little creative in order to place this kettle in my desire place. Also, I really wish the top cover (or lid) would open a little more. It makes it a little awkward to clean it because it does not open completely. Furthermore, the handle of this kettle is a little bit to big for me. I have small hands but as I held it for the first couple of times it felt awkward and not comfortable to hold it. But I understand that it might be due to the fact that the main control panel is on the handle. It is still not my favorite design.  Finally, learning how to use it was pretty easy and fast. 

Usage:


In terms of usage, I thought that it would be a bit time consuming but it is very easy and to the point. The clear water level is really helpful and the bottoms light up when it is turned on. I mainly appreciate the fact that it is relatively quiet. It does not disturb any other activity. Additionally, it heats up the water very fast. I compared it to my other kettle.
Other electric kettle:

210°F (Boil) ---------------- 7 Minutes & 42 Seconds

Ivation electric kettle: 

160°F ----------------------- 4 Minutes & 30 Seconds
212°F (Boil) --------------- 7 Minutes & 20 Seconds


I also checked to see if the kettle was precise and it was right every single time. This makes it even more innovative because while my old kettle boils nicely, if I want to prepare tea at a perfect temperature, I have to use a thermometer to measure the right temperature so this kettle saves me time and effort. 


There were few more details that I only noticed while I used the kettle. While I like that fact that it is very quiet, once it has reached the selected temperature it does not alerts you. So you can easily forget you have it on. However, thankfully, it is able to retain heat really well so it won't take much time to reheat it again. It is still a drawback. I am also enjoying using the KEEP WARM and Memory function, Ii works great and it has been so helpful and time saving. You can physically remove the kettle from the base and the water will maintain the desired temperature. During breakfast, I can bring the kettle to our dinning table and have it on hand to use without disturbing me breakfast. I don't know if I can ever go back to regular kettles. Another impressive function is that boil-dry protection system that allows to the kettle to automatically shut off if the water level is too low to prevent damage to your kettle. 

Overall Impression:

So here is my overall assessment of this product:
* Price Point: 4/5
* Quality/Durability: 5/5
* Need: 4/5
* Recommendation for Gift able Factor: 5/5
* Overall Assessment of Product:  I have only been using it for a couple of weeks but I'm in love with this product and will continue to use it and I do recommend it to others.



 IMAGES: 
















****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. Compensation of any kind is never accepted in exchange for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product and not edited by any companies mentioned. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. If my review was helpful to you, please let me know your thoughts.



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Stainless steel, impressive. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're Welcome! I hope it was informative.

      Delete
  2. You can make some good tea or coffee that you'll ever taste, which is rich in flavors and aroma. Because they prepare at optimal temperature and infusion which produce the exact temperature required for each of your desire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really interesting article Thank you for sharing information this is really helpful for people looking for best electric tea kettle . Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing. Go to this blog

    ReplyDelete