Ian Leaf's Starting a HFC Business at Home

November 13, 2015





I am a creator of things. I find such a joy when I create something new and I love to share my creations. In the most recent years, due to the high popularity of DIYs and other crafty projects, sharing your love for creativity and crafting is easier. Also, new opportunities have been open in the business side of it. A little while back, I consider creating a side project for additional income. Since the market can be volatile and unexpected, I decided that a home-based business is the best answer for my current situation, needs and comfort level. However, no matter how low the risk may seen, it is better to be a little prepare to avoid little mistakes that could cost us a lot more in the long run.





I just finished reading, Ian Leaf's Starting a HFC Business at Home, and although it is mainly focused on the High Fashion industry, a substantial amount of information can be apply to other industries. This is a quick read and it has been written in a matter that it provide you with the necessary insights to get you started and be able to visualize your business opportunities. I am very please with the writing style and overall organization of the book. The content is very easy to follow and understand.





The chapters ranged from the basics to more less talk about problems such as scams. More than being a guide that you need to follow, this book defines, explains and provides information that can help you prepare or deal with problems in the future. It is fair to say that it is not the only book you will need to start your at home business but it contains essential information that can give a strong foundation.






One of my favorite chapters include the city regulations, government taxation, and especially the last chapter on avoiding scams. This is a very important aspect of the fashion world that is unfortunately not going anywhere. Even small business can be negatively affected to it is something to consider as a business owner.




Overall, I found this book engaging and very informative. It allow me to visualize my business and highlighted many areas of the industry that I did not know. I will now be able to design my business with more confidence and also now that I have a better idea on about what I need to research next.






****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. Compensation of any kind is never accepted in exchange for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product and not edited by any companies mentioned. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission guidelines concerning the se of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. If my review was helpful to you, please let me know your thoughts.


You Might Also Like

0 comments