The Whole Coconut Cookbook by Nathalie Fraise

July 11, 2016

I have been trying to learn how to incorporate coconut oil into my dishes. I found this cookbook and decided to get it. I found it very interesting because it includes recipes using different parts of the coconut fruit. As a child I used to love drinking and eating coconut but since I moved to the United States, somehow I stop eating and drinking coconut. Now, I am excited to try coconut in new ways.



DESCRIPTION:


"This beautiful and inspiring recipe collection helps you incorporate nature’s perfect superfood—the coconut—into your everyday cooking. From tangy coconut yogurt for breakfast to creamy coconut curry for dinner, The Whole Coconut Cookbookshowcases infinite ways to enjoy this nutrition-packed fruit. " Source: amazon.com 

It is available in two mediums: Kindle and Hardcopy

Current Price:

Kindle: $10.99
Hardcopy: $12.92

CHAPTERS:

  • A guide to coconut ingredients
  • Cooking with coconut
  • Breakfast dishes - 12 recipes
  • Main courses - 15 recipes 
  • Salads and sides - 16 recipes
  • Snacks - 5 recipes
  • Drinks - 5 recipes
  • Desserts - 7 recipes
It contains a total of 60 recipes. 

PACKGING:🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The cookbook has a smooth hardcover and it has a beautiful photograph of coconuts so it will look good on your bookshelf.

  • Hardcover: 128 pages

  • Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 0.6 x 8.3 inches


REVIEW: 🌟🌟🌟


Coconuts is an amazing superfood that can be incorporated to our diet to provide rich nutrients and healthy fats. I was beyond excited to start cooking. Before I continue with the main part of my review, I want to share my preferences when it comes to cookbooks. I love visuals and while well-written guidelines or instructions can go far when it comes to accomplishing a dish. I need at least a visual reference to help me especially when I am making a new foreign dish. Additionally, I highly appreciate great guidelines. As a Bonus (but not necessary, although greatly appreciated), I love it when cookbooks include little tips or explanations to their ingredient selections. I enjoyed cooking and I love to customize my dishes and experiment. 

One of my favorite sections is the guide to coconut ingredients. It includes new and valuable information to someone new to using coconut. 

After reading a couple recipes, I realized that I did not own most of the ingredients needed to cook most of the dishes. There were a lot of new ingredients that I was not familiar with so it was a bit scary. I am not the most adventurous eater but I open to new things from time to time. However, my family is more picky and since I am the main cook at home, I have to consider their preference primarily. I found it hard to choose something that they would like. They are the type of people who prefer to eat comfort food. 

This cookbook does not have many images as reference. So with a couple of recipes I have to looked them up on the internet for reference. The whole book contains about 28 pictures with about 3 pictures where only showing common vegetables. The photographs are beautiful and stunning. I wish there were more. 

I was happy that each recipe had some part of the coconut as an ingredient. This cookbook is a nice introduction. However, the recipes are not "everyday" recipes. Based on personal experience, they are nice for those days that you want to try something new. 

My family is hard to please and out of the main recipes that I have try they have only liked 2 or 3. They are more welcoming to desserts and drinks sections. 

The instructions are easy to follow and they are concise. I also like the author's notes on some of the recipes. It was helpful. This is a nice book for those who are interested into including coconut and other healthy grains and veggies to their meals. 

This is should not be the only cookbook you own. I would recommend it as a supplementary book or especial occasion book. I am happy that it includes many dairy-free and gluten-free recipes. It is not grain-free so if you have allergies you will have limited options. 

My family gave this book a rating of 🌟🌟🌟☆☆. 
I would like to give it a rating of 🌟🌟🌟🌟☆. 
Unlike my family I did enjoy many of the recipes from the book. 

My finally thoughts are that this cookbook is not for everyone and not for everyday meals. 


****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different. I rely heavily on the customers’
reviews for my shopping needs, and therefore I try my best at providing valuable feedback to others. 


If my review was helpful to you, please let me know. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments