Arvazallia's Ultra Curl Defining Cream with Argan Oil for Wavy and Curly Hair

November 19, 2015



One of my favorite product to try is curl creams and stylers because it is always great to improve your current curly routine. I have type 3b/c curls and it is shoulder length. My biggest concern with my hair is frizz. I am aware that as long as I give my hair enough hydration and use a smoothing and defining styler, my hair will look great.

I had the opportunity to try this Curl Defining Cream with Argan Oil from Arvazallia and I was excited for two reasons; it claims to define the hair and it contains Argan oil. We (Curly girls/guys) know how amazing organ oil is for our hair.

First Impression:


The first time I touch the texture of the cream I had high expectations because it has a very creamy and light texture but my first time using it was a big (Dare I say HUGE) disappointment. I follow the directions on the label, step by step. But my hair had no definition, and it was super frizzy. I even use a diffuser which I try to avoid using because heat is not so healthy for the hair.

AFTER A FEW CHANGES:


The directions tell you to use the cream on damp or towel dried hair. This was my first mistake. When I use it on damp hair, the cream did felt nice but my hair look dull and with no shape even after crutching it a bit. However, we I use it with drenched wet hair, the cream did not only smooth out my hair, hydrated it, added shine but also what do you know it actually allow for clumping; giving more shape and definition to my hair.

Lesson: Sometimes you don't have to follow the directions to get the best results.


TIP:


If you find that the cream is not working for you, try changing you current conditioner. I was not using a very moisturizing conditioner the first few times, I use it so my hair ended up being hard to style. When I changed to a more moisturizing conditioner, styling become easier.

Also, if you would like a less frizz and more find look, try applying the cream on small sections.

LIKES:


  • Light texture
  • Pleasant scent
  • It adds shine and softness to the hair
  • It also add some definition to the hair
  • It smooths out the hair
  • It does not weight down your hair
  • It gives volume
  • It works well with other products
  • It is Infused with Argan Oil and Vitamin E

    DISLIKES:

     

    • The bottle design, I wish you could get more product at once since you really have to use a significant amount for optimal results.
    • You really have to use a lot so I don't know how long the bottle will last.
    • It does not have or gives much hold so I will advise you to use a bit of gel or mousse if you like to have hold.
    • If you have tighter curls ( 3c and up), I don't think you will like this cream. At least not by itself. It could work as a additional styler but not on its own.



    I hope that my observations and comments are of help. I added a few pictures so that you can see my results. After a big disappointment, I did not give up and try it using a different method and it gave my good results. Although I don't dislike, I was not incredibly blow away and I did not find it life changing. However, I did notice great potential and I really enjoyed the volume, shine, and weightless feeling.


    Note: In the pictures below, my hair was only style with Arvazallia's Ultra Curl Defining Cream with Argan Oil and a little bit of styling gel.





    You Might Also Like

    2 comments

    1. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.
      juicenewton.com

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you for taking the time to read my post and giving me some feedback. I am glad that you found my review informative.

        Delete