Skinfood - Organic - Coco + Nut Oils

March 14, 2016



I have been using coconut oil for years and I am well aware of its wide range of benefits for the skin, hair and body. I have curly hair so I have also tried and currently use many of the oils included in this oil mixture.

CLAIMS:

  • It contains organic coconut oil (cold pressed) which has antibacterial properties that help heal and repair the skin. 
  • It is a lightweight blend of oils to deliver instant hydration without leaving an oily residue
  • Made in New Zealand
  • Made from Natural and Organic ingredients (Ecocert Certified)
  • It is a versatile, fast absorbing moisturizer
  • It can be use all over the face, hands, nails, and  hair  
  • List of oils: Sweet Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Macadamia Seed Oil, Apricot Kernel Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil
  • Benefits:
    • Coconut oil - Its antibacterial properties heal and repair the skin as well as provide hydration
    • Sweet Almond Oil - It helps regulate moisture levels and stabilize the natural pH level of the skin
    • Macadamia Seed Oil -  It is high in palmitoleic acid which benefits dry and ageing skin. It provides softness and protection.
    • Apricot Kernel Oil - It is rich in Vitamin E and it soothes, nourishes, and revitalizes the skin. 
    • Sunflower Seed Oil - It is rich in vitamin E, which acts as an antioxidant in the body. 

PACKAGING: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The oil blend comes in a well-made and good quality glass bottle with a dropper. The bottle is feels sturdy and the dropper works great.


FIRST IMPRESSION: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

The blend is clear and it has a light consistency. A little bit goes a long way. I use them on my face, hands, cuticles, and hair. The oil is easy to apply and it does not leave a sticky residue. It does have a glossy finish as soon as you apply it on the skin. I was disappointed because from the description, I was at the impression that it did not leave a oily residue. But I let it absorbed into the skin for a couple of minutes and the skin did not look as shiny. I have oily skin so I do not need extra shine. I do use oils on my skin because they help the skin so much especially oily skin.


PERFORMANCE: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

After I used it on my skin one night, I was amazed the next morning. My skin felt nourish and bright. I continue to apply it every night after my toner and serum and it is a nice addition to my skin care routine.

I have also use it on my hair and it has been loving it. I has a light and not greasy texture and it does a nice job at hydrating my hair.

I also apply one or two drop on my hands before going to bed. I also massage the oil on my cuticles and it is great for it.

So far I have been enjoying the texture and the quality of this blend. It is very easy to use and very versatile.

In terms of its oily finish, if you use more than three drops, it will make you skin have a glossy finish. I would advice you to use less than three drops on the face if you want to avoid an oily look. I use it mainly at night so I add three drops and it makes my skin glow and look healthy. Also, if you have dry skin or prefer a glowing make up look, I would recommend that you add one or two drops of the oil to you foundation. It makes your skin look amazing and healthy.
 

SUMMARY

LIKES:

  • Natural and Organic ingredients
  • Lightweight 
  • Versatile
  • It did not irritated my skin or cause redness
  • It did not cause me to break out
  • It hydrates my skin
  • High Quality
  • Great Results

DISLIKES:

  • The list of ingredients include Parfum as one of its ingredients. My skin tends to get irritated to add fragrances so I would like to know the origin of the Parfum. Sometimes it comes from natural oils but I could not find information about it.



Ingredients
Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil*, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Macadamia Intergrifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil*, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil*, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Parfum, *ingredient from organic farming. 100% of the total ingredients are from natural origin and 90% of the total ingredients are from organic farming. Natural and Organic Cosmetic certified by Ecocert Greenlife according to Ecocert Standard available at http://www.cosmetics.ecocert.com

OVERALL ASSESSMENT:

Price Point: 🌟🌟🌟🌟☆
Quality/Durability: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Need: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Recommendation: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

PRODUCT URL:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B7ADZEO


****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. Compensation of any kind is never accepted in exchange for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product and not edited by any companies mentioned. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different.I will recommend only the products that I or my family will use. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising.


If my review was helpful to you, please let me know your thoughts.

You Might Also Like

2 comments