Brandon Colker's How to Make Big Bucks From Blogs (#BrandonColker)

February 24, 2016


Book Description:

The writer, Brandon Colker, has a long blogging career and he has learned about the ways to make money and lose money. He wrote this book to share his insight and help others.

Chapter List:

  1. An Introduction to Passive Income Through Blogging
  2. Outlining the Appropriate Use of Branding and Self- Promotion
  3. Identifying a Central Subject or Concept
  4. Establishing Trust Through Expertise
  5. Understanding the Importance of Consistency, Clarity and Quality
  6. Building the Blog and Attracting an Audience
  7. Passive Income Explained
  8. When and How to Monetize (Passively!)
  9. Expanding Reach Through Additional Mediums
  10. Leveraging Expert Status to Generate Added Opportunities

This book covers important steps for establishing yourself as a brand and understanding the main foundation for a successful blog such as branding, self-promotion, concept, consistency, quality and how to reach an bigger audience. Most importantly, he explains in detail that process of generating passive income. This is my first time hearing the term so I was immediately interested to learn more about it.

My Thoughts:

When I decided to create this page my goal was to create informative and honest content about different products and services that I have the opportunity to try. Also, it would be a way for me to improve my communication skills through writing, create a network of friends and colleagues, have new experiences and help me become more financially independent.

I listened to the Audible version of this book which you can find here: http://goo.gl/JS9E5x
Product URL: http://www.amazon.com/Brandon-Colkers-Make-Bucks-Blogs/dp/1517756537

The narrator, Harry Roger Williams III, did a nice job at keeping me engage and it was a very pleasant and relaxing experience. The audio book length is 1 hr and 2 minutes. The organization of the book is very clear and easy to follow. It presents the information in a very straight forward and short manner. It does not repeat concepts to much and it follows nicely from chapter to chapter. Also, the organization is very practical because it allows you to refer back to a specific section.

The author did a great job at summarizing the most essential parts of a blogging career/business. He draw emphasis to areas of great benefit for your business. He provides the information but you must take action and design your business from the bottom. He is very clear from the beginning about your role and that a successful blog requires a lot of work and passion. 

This is not the type of book to tell you what to do or how to do it. It explains why you might consider using different approaches to make you blog be known. Such as using social media not only to promote your blog but also to create a solid brand. In Chapter 2, he explains the importance of self-promotion and its impact not only on the growth of your blog but also on creating new business opportunities for yourself. Most importantly, it helps you create a strong relationship with your readers and solidifies trust.  


We get a short introduction of passive income in chapter 1 and it is further explain in chapter 8. Unfortunately for me, only the name of concept name is new to me but the process or definition is not. It was nothing completely revolutionary, in my opinion. Passive income is basically the income received on a regular basis with little effort to produce it. I learned this concept as "unearned income"in the past. After you built a strong foundation and establish your blog and your brand, as time passes you will be able to receive income with less intervention from your part.  


My overall assessment:

* Price Point: 4/5
* Quality/Durability: 5/5
* Need: 3/5 (although it claims to be target to beginners and even experience bloggers, I believed that most older bloggers will not find this book so insightful)

* Recommendation: 3/5 (I would recommend it to those of you who are pure beginners and you have no idea on how to start. )
* Overall Assessment of Product: This a nice starting point for new bloggers. It offers a nice outline for creating a successful blog. It brings out interesting and important concepts to consider. This does not contain a unique and bulletproof formula to earn money immediately. It is a source of information that can help you establish your blog.


ASIDE NOTE: After I listened to the audio book, I decided to visit the bloggers blog or blogs (He mentioned that he has blogs). I was unsuccessful and I could not find more information about him aside from the author information on Amazon.com. I am not going to lie, I felt very disappointed. I really wanted to see how he applied his own teachings.





****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. Compensation of any kind is never accepted in exchange for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product and not edited by any companies mentioned. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission guidelines concerning the se of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. If my review was helpful to you, please let me know your thoughts.

You Might Also Like

0 comments