Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask AND Eternal Youth Exfoliating Scrub (#skindetoxifyingclaymask)

January 17, 2016




Valentia Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask


Main Claims:

  • It cleanses and draws out impurities 
  • It gently exfoliates the skin 
  • It is made with natural ingredients
  • It has anti-aging properties
  • It helps restore skin elasticity 
  • It leaves the skin glowing and smooth
  • It improves skin tone
  • It reduces pore size
  • It helps to firm and strengthen the skin
  • It leaves the skin feeling smoother
  • It is a at home treatment
    Product URL: http://amzn.com/B014PJLKJ6

    First Impression:

    It has a very sweet and refreshing scent. At first I thought that it smell like fruits or candy but the more I used it, it reminds me of a particular shampoo and conditioner line I had use in the past. Either way, it is a very prevalent scent. It is stronger as you apply it but even when it is drying you can still smell it. I really like fruity and floral scents so I don't mind it and kind of like it. But if you don't, then this might not be the mask for you.


    Application:

    It has a very creamy and light consistency and it has small exfoliating beads. It is easy to apply and you don't need as much to cover the whole face. Since it has a creamy texture it goes on smoothly without dripping or pulling on you skin as you apply it.

    Depending on how much product you apply or the thickness of the layer, the drying time is relatively fast and you will feel a tightening effect. As you put it on it feels like you are putting on a body butter and it is refreshing. There is a tingling or heating sensation in the more sensible areas of your face.I am not a big fan of this feature because it is very uncomfortable, but thankfully, it only lasted a few minutes.

    Removal:

    When you remove it, I would recommend you use a wash cloth or any other wipe to remove. It does come off relatively easy only using your hands, but it takes a little longer to get every leftover product off your face. You don't want to leave exfoliating beads or product on your face. I noticed that I get a more exfoliating effect using my wash cloth and it removes the majority of the product after one or two swipes.

    Results:

    The bead are not abrasive and even when you use the wash cloth, you won't irritate your skin which is really nice. The mask is able to absorb the excess oil and it lift up any dirt to the surface. I notice that especially around my nose area where I have bigger pores. I tend to get whiteheads around the area so I always tried to pay attention to it and clean it well to prevent future breakouts. In terms of pore reduction, there was only a little difference and nothing to dramatic. But to be honest, I am so disappointed with it, because I rather it clean and lift dirt of my pores than reduce their size. Your dried skin feels plump and smooth. It is not dried and it feels refresh. One advise that I could give you is to make sure you remove the mask completely. It is very easy to leave some product on. So far I have enjoyed using this clay mask.


    Eternal Youth Exfoliating Scrub 

     

    Main Claims:

    • It is made with natural ingredients
    • It has moisturizing ingredients such as Aloe Vera
    • It is rich in vitamins such as A, B1, B2, D, and E
    • It smooths rough and uneven skin
    • It helps combat the signs of aging
    • It softens the skin
    • It has anti-inflammatory properties mainly from the Green and White Tea  
    • It gives a more youthful and glowing complexion
    • It deep cleanses the skin 
    • It removes toxins
    • It firms the skin
    • It helps tone the skin
    • It helps to prevent breakouts
    Product URL: http://amzn.com/B014PIVJCA
      I use this exfoliating scrub on different days than the clay mask. I wanted to see how it worked independently and get a real idea of its performance. I read that this scrub has green tea extract and I got so excited to try it. I have learned about the many benefits of green tea on the skin and I have use products containing this ingredient and it has always helped my skin.

      First Impression: 

      On first sight, it has a very jelly-like texture. But unlike, their Ultra Plumping Mask, the texture is more thick and heavy. Another detectable feature is its mint or peppermint scent. Just like the Skin Detoxifying Clay Mask, the scent does not fade away.

      Application:

      Although the texture is thicker, the application is really easy. It has small exfoliating beads that look similar to the clay mask but unlike the ones on the clay mask. These beads feel more abrasive. However, although the beads are more abrasive, the jelly-like texture creates a protective layer on the skin so unlike you are using strong force, you will not feel much and your skin won't get irritated. It was a new for me so the first time I used it, I used I little too much force. I stopped once I notice the my face was getting too red. When my skin get irritated, it is more prone to breakout. So I tried to stay away from irritated products. Please don't make the same mistake and use gentle circular monitions. At first, it feels like you aren't doing much but it is working.

      Removal:

      Moving it is really easy and not very time consuming. Just use circular motions and a lot of warm water. It comes off and there is not greasy or stick feeling residue leftover. My first time using it, I used too much so it took a little longer to get everything off. So I would start using a little bit, and increase the amount as you need.

      Results:

      This is a very interesting scrub. I have only used oil and water based exfoliating scrubs. I tend to prefer, the water based ones because they are more gentle and effective. This one is kind of a hybrid. At first, I dislike the texture because I felt that it prevented the beads from doing its job, but I was wrong and I was using too much product. When you remove it, your skin will feel smooth, soft and clean. It is not dried or tight and there is no residue.

      On a side note, once I started to notice that the clay mask lifted dirt from my pores, I decided to use this scrub right after and it work well. I noticed that most of the dirt was gone after I remove the scrub. However, it is not perfect. It definitely cleans the majority of it but I can still see some white heads and some dead skin afterwards.

      Once I noticed it, I went ahead and used my holy grail exfoliating water peel on my face to see if there is anything left. That product is able to catch the dirt and dead skin leftover on the surface of the skin. There was still some left but it was not as much. So if you are like me and suffer from large pores and whiteheads, this exfoliating scrub will not be the best to clean those areas and I will recommend you look into another exfoliating product. But if you are looking for a nice, and refreshing scrub that will leave your skin smooth and soft, then you will no be disappointed with this one. I really like it as an all over face exfoliating scrub but I don't rely on it to clean the T-zone area.

      Finally, again I want to emphasize that you use gentle circular movements to prevent any redness, and irritation on the skin. The exfoliating beads on this scrub are much more abrasive than others which I do not like. Although I am not in love with this product, I still like that it leaves my skin feeling smooth, soft, refresh, and clean. 

      Final Thoughts:

      After trying a couple of Valentia's products, I am really please and impress with them. They are very refreshing, gentle and a real experience. The each product has a very nice and unique scent. The texture are very cooling and calming. The products are easy to use and remove. The results are very pleasing and I have added them to my skin care routine.





      ****FTC - I received a discount for this product in exchanged for my honest and unbiased review. Compensation of any kind is never accepted in exchange for a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own based on my experience with the product and not edited by any companies mentioned. This is just my opinion, your experience with this product might be different. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. If my review was helpful to you, please let me know your thoughts.

      You Might Also Like

      0 comments